Glossary of GCP Cloud Computing
This glossary gathers acronyms, initialisms, and general expressions, as they are specifically used in the context of GCP, where they may have specialized definitions when compared with their more general use.
HINT: use the search box at the top right of the page.
It does not attempt to replace a general glossary like Wikipedia, but rather complement it, focusing on the needs of GCP practitioners, e.g. those pursuing the Certified Professional Architect certification.
Want to contribute ? You're welcome ! Just Ask for an account on osinet.fr: the site gets too many spam attempts to open self-serve registration.
Predefined / well-known IPs and ranges
- 126.96.36.199 Google DNS server
- 188.8.131.52 Google DNS server
- 10.128.0.0/9: the global GCP private IP space in which all subnetworks of a network must fit
- 184.108.40.206/16: GFE servers, including health checkers
- 220.127.116.11/22: GFE servers, including health checkers (public)
- 169.254.169.254: metadata server on instances
- In every subnet
- First IP is for the network itself
- Second IP is for the subnet gateway
- Next-before last IP is reserved (details ?)
- Last IP is the broadcast IP for the subnet
- Google's public IPv4 ranges (How to use these)
- Per-region info, in JSON format