- NAS = Network Attached Storage
- NEG = Network Endpoint Group
- A configuration object that specifies a group of backend endpoints or services
- Commonly used with containers
- Can be used with *some* load balancers and with Traffic Director
- NLB = Network Load Balancing
- In GCP, use of a DSR load balancer instead of a proxy-based one. Available only with regional scope.
- Available as the External and Internal “TCP/UDP Network Load Balancing” variants of Cload Load Balancing.
- Cannot provide SSL termination since traffic is only redirected, not proxied: this increases
- the CPU load on backends
- the administrative workload on backends, since they must handle certificate management
- May be required for DDoS protection using Coud Armor
- North-South Traffic:
- in general, traffic entering or exiting a data center, e.g. client to server.
- In GCP, inter-VPC traffic.
- Compare East-West traffic
- nPath routing: another name for DSR
gcp/n.txt · Last modified: 2023/05/06 16:27 by fgm