Table of Contents
Ideas for 1.0 or minor releases after 1.0
- use theme functions to format blocks à la Drupal instead of hand-rolled HTML
- there should be a (per-user) setting for the maximum length of HD blocks before paging occurs: lists are currently unlimited
- there should be a site-wide setting for these values, acting as a default prior to user settings
Improvements expected in a minor release after 1.0
- Determination of customer status is currently inconsistent and distributed: as of 2005/11/06, function _helpdesk_is_customer is not used, and various checks are performed at various places in the code, some being based on the hd_user.uid == hd_user.uidcustomer test, while is_customer is role-based. The hd_user-based test might allow for removal of the customer role altogether, to simplify (?) administration
- In admin/settings/helpdesk, only offer for selection vocabularies that can be appplied to the HD types (from vocabulary_node_types)
- When 4.7 is released and HD ported to it, include settings validation.
Improvements already implemented
- partly done as of 2005/11/01 : display a user's HD-related properties in hook_user('view'):
- for USERs: HD Ticketss, HD Ticket Followupss
- for Customerss: HD Contractss and their stats, SLA compliance…
- for HD Techss: various stats, notably SLA-related.
Ideas for next major release after 1.0
- a HD user can define whether (s)he wants one of the blocks made available by the module on his pages. A per-user setting could be added to define whether users wanting the blocks want them whether they are empty or not.
- a HD HD Techs could be allowed to define the default behaviour for what happens :
- when customers are deleted:
- are their users and contracts moved to another customer uid (which one ?) or deleted, or kep orphans ?
- are the issues of their users affected ?
- when contracts are deleted
- are the events bound to them affected, and how ?
- when issues are deleted
- are followups deleted too, or bound to another issue, or kept orphans ?
hd/wishlist.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/23 17:23 by 127.0.0.1